Sell Your Book
Looking for a less expensive way to sell your book and save the hassles of processing orders, packaging and shipping? Our e-commerce storefront and order processing service can do it for you.
Send us a copy of your book for evaluation. We will assess it on both the written and production quality. Rejected books are not returned.
If you are accepted we will send you a copy of our Sales Agreement for completion.
Send us 15 copies of the book. 10 of these will be placed in inventory and the remaining 5 will be used as promotional copies.
Here are some standard conditions that are part of the agreement we require you to sign before we add your books to our catalogue.
- All books are provided to us on a consignment basis. If at the end of the agreement term there are unsold copies, they will be returned to you. The cost of shipping is at your expense.
- The standard agreement term is 12 months and may be extended if agreed to by both parties.
- We require 15 copies initially, 10 of which will be held in inventory and 5 used for promotional purposes.
- When the inventory drops to five books, we will ask for additional copies. This may change depending on the sales volume.
- We charge a percentage of the book cover price before taxes. This varies with cover price and sales volume. (Rates will be outlined in your sales agreement.)
- Payment for books sold is completed on a monthly basis and preferably through electronic means.
- Your agreement with New Press Books does not prevent you from selling your book through other channels and different means.
- You agree to provide New Press Books a supply of books within 7 days of request.
- New Press Books may suspend your book from our active list without notice to you if we have no books in inventory and no arrangements have been made for backorders.